Sales oriented position requiring advanced communication skills, a thorough knowledge of insurance products available through the agency. Capable of pursuing and closing sales of new and existing commercial lines accounts and retaining assigned book of commercial lines business.
- Achieve objectives established in annual producer sales plan.
- Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified target groups.
- Contact prospects for the purpose of providing a quote and making sales appointments.
- Survey prospects to determine insurance needs, inspecting current insurance policies, risk management plans, property, products and records.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history.
- Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverages, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information.
- Work with service person or marketer to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Conduct client and prospect appointments communicating proposals and renewals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business.
- Introduce service person to clients and request that service calls be directed to them and forward all service related calls to assigned service person.
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolution when required.
- Participate in renewals, when appropriate, by reviewing expiration listing with service person to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions.
- Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings as required.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by agency management.
Proven ability to pursue and close sales. Three plus years experience in sales.
If you are interested in a career with us, we encourage you to fax or e-mail your resume to:
Atlas Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer